Friday, January 2, 2009

Grumpiest Win of the Year


OK. I realize it's the only game they've played this year... but it was fugly.

The refs stunk, the linesmen stunk, the goal judge stunk, the players stunk (and by golly, if I could get down there I'd have stunk too!)

The 3 stars according to Nation's Capital Blog:

  • Verizon EMS crew
  • Bruce the organ player
  • Wes the PA announcer

At least a bull fight only has one matador. That was about as putrid of a defensive effort by both teams as I have seen in a long time. It seems like our home town team thinks that there are some opponents that they can just coast against. With only a few exceptions (Lecavalier, Halpern, Bradley, Clark) I thought this game was conducted by a lot of disinterested players. Not since the game against St. Louis have I left a winning game in more sour spirits.

My thoughts go out to some former Caps after this game. First and foremost, the whole experience of the game changed when Jamie Heward went down. I hope I never have to see something like that again. After a minute I was pleading for him to get up, after 7 minutes I was dejected and frightened. I wish with all my heart that he's OK. As far as Jeff Halpern is concerned, now that I can see that he is over his injuries... let's do away with this dalliance with other clubs and bring him back here where he belongs. And with Steve Eminger... he's getting the "whoop" treatment? Please refer to my previous post for my feelings on that.

9 wins in 10 games... why am I so bitter?

Maybe I'm a curmudgeon, but I'm not as grumpy as I sound. Just keep winning, guys.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats for your hard work.I have to thanks to you to share it. It is really what I wanted to see hope in future you will continue for sharing such an excellent post. Billboard advertising offer their own particular one of a kind effect – sheets, dividers, transport and rail media, road furniture, quality signage, automated, adaptable declarations, sports media and that is only the tip of the ice sheet – that are certain to fit your needs. Their far reaching portfolio joined with our supervisor ranges offer an unparalleled augmentation by business division than some other out-of-home media merchant.